Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dinner for One??

Good evening everybody!!

I hope that your Wednesday has treated you well and that you find yourself relaxed and blessed. :) Tonight, my husband is working so I took the time to be 'creative' with dinner. My mother makes the best salmon patties in the WORLD, but since my husband and I are on a health kick...I decided to spice them up a bit.

Mom's Recipe:

Salmon (from the can) 2 cans
Saltine Crackers
Eggs
Olive Oil

Pick all the bones and skin off the Salmon from the can. Add 1 egg per can and saltine crackers until the patties hold together. Then...once patties are made, place them in the olive oil, medium heat on in pan on stove, until they brown on each side. Then remove them and let the grease soak into a paper towel. Mom normally makes these with a side of pork n beans, mac n cheese, or rolls (not sure the rolls). They are soooo very good but not really good for you!

The salmon patties that I made tonight were from a mixture of recipes I found and some things I threw in. ;)

1 pkg  of salmon (already had bones and skin removed)
whole wheat bread crumbs (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/3 lime juice
a dab of hot sauce
garlic salt
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1 egg

Mix the lime juice, hot sauce, egg (beat before adding), mayonnaise, and the bread crumbs together. Get all the juice out of the salmon that you can and then add that and the garlic salt to the mixture. Set your oven to 350 degrees and make sure you spray the pan with Pam. This mixture should make about 4 patties; cook those for 20 minutes.

To my wonderful surprise...they had sooooo much flavor!!! I paired them with steamed asparagus and a bottle of water. Eating healthy is not always easy but this is a favorite and I will make again!! Now if I could only lay off the chocolate... :)


Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment