Saturday, July 21, 2012

Jelly Making 101

Today was the day I went to make Jelly with one of my favorite people Mary Kruse!!! I have been wanting to make my great grandmother's (maw maw) plum jelly for the last few months and Mary is a experienced jam and jelly maker. :)

The jelly making experience was ..... An experience. Haha It took us what felt like forever to get the amount needed for the juice and it was HOT! It's looked like we murdered someone in Mary's kitchen: that is what I related it to anyways. ;) There was some extra jelly left in one of the bowls so we had a sample. I almost melted to the ground with less than a tablespoon of a taste! It was sooooooo good! I haven't had plum jelly for the last 6 years at least.

After we made the jelly, Mary showed me how to make her famous biscuits. They were..... Beyond delicious!! My husband and I are having biscuits and jelly for a snack tonight and it will be our breakfast in the morning. :) we ended up making 8 1/2 jars of plum jelly. Mary kept one, and I'm giving one to my mother and grandmother. The rest we are rationing out until I decide to make more.

It was great making jelly, but what I enjoyed more was spending time with a sweet friend. I don't get to see Mary very often and today I spent about four hours with her! We talked about anything and everything. If you don't know Mary you should. Haha she has always been there for me every time. She is a very wise, God fearing woman, that has a heart of gold and I look up to her. I also love her a whole whole lot!!! ;)

Today was a great day!!! I now know how to make my maw maw's jelly and got to spend time with one of my lifelongs. How is it that I get to be sooo blessed??


This is the lovely Mrs. Mary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment