Friday, July 20, 2012

Friends: Lifelong or Seasonal?

I often wonder about friendships and how/why they progress the way they do. Some people you meet engage with you and want to be part of your life. Others... Simply are friends with you for a while and then they just stop being a friend. You try and communicate with them and they just blow you off or never answer. It is amazing though because it reveals their true colors.

I'm a believer in actions speak louder than words because you can say anything to anyone, but the way in which you choose to live shows more truth.

I have friends that have moved out of state, some even live out of the country and I talk with them more than people who live a few hours away or even in Dallas. I guess I'm just bothered by the fact that one can put so much effort, time, and love into a friendship and another can take it for granted.

I was never one to have best friends because I learned through experience that they will always let you down. Of course, I was the bird from a different flock in school. I would talk more with my teachers and older friends in my life than people my own age. Even now most of my friends are over 30 and I LOVE that!! They are so wise and caring and I sooo enjoy chatting with them. It is more difficult since they have children and different life schedules but that makes spending time with them all the more precious. I have found friends my age that I LOVE hanging out with; they are few but I soooo enjoy their friendship!! We are in the same walks in life and can learn and mess up with each other. ;)

There are a small few I consider great and wonderful friends and I am SOOO very blessed by them. The friends that have turned out to be seasonal have shown me that, as much as it hurt at the time, I will grow more without them in my life and them without me. Our friendship was for a time to grow in areas; good or bad. Also, Seasonals have taught me that you don't always get back what you put in, some people are not on the same level, and hypocrites can hide under your nose.


Lifelongs have taught me that you can trust people, you can have a growing friendship, you can pick up where you left off with someone, you are loved and some else values your friendship as much as you value theirs. I have definitely learned much from my seasonal friends and my lifelongs.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow or even the next couple of minutes. Be true to who you are and don't let your seasonals hurt your growth. That is a lesson I am learning now, and the rude truth is... Sometimes people hinder you from growing even when you can't see it, but when they choose to blow you off consider it a blessing. :)

Shout out to my lifelongs!!! I love you all very much an want to think you for growing with me in this life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment